The Peace Justice and Security Foundation is delighted to announce the launch of a scholarship programme, designed to support the educational aspirations of refugees in the Netherlands. In our commitment to fostering academic excellence and promoting legal studies, we are offering a scholarship of €15,000 to a deserving candidate.
- Applicants must be at the top of their class.
- Applicants must be recognised as refugees in the Netherlands.
- Applicants must have completed their secondary school and/or bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a university or hogeschool programme to study law in the Netherlands.
- Academic quality and promise in the proposed field of study, as evidenced by the curriculum vitae (ideally accompanied by a reference letter from a professor or academic advisor).
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter.
- Demonstrated interest in international law and accountability, as per the motivation letter.
The selected scholar will receive a sum of €15,000 to support their legal studies in the Netherlands, including school fees and living expenses.
Interested candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- A detailed curriculum vitae.
- A motivation letter outlining their academic and career aspirations.
- Applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14 February 2024 (midnight The Hague time).
All applications must be received by 14 February 2024 (midnight The Hague time). Late submissions will not be considered.
This scholarship represents a unique opportunity for refugees in the Netherlands to pursue their legal studies and contribute to the field of law. The Peace Justice and Security Foundation is committed to supporting academic excellence and looks forward to receiving your applications.